Submission of Manuscript
1. Criteria for Submission
All articles submitted to the Journal of Advocacy, Research and Education (JARE) must strictly adhere to all our publication standards and protocol. Failure to do so will lead to the REJECTION of the paper by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Each submitted paper must accompany a letter to the Editor-in-Chief, agreeing to all the terms of JARE.
- Authors have to carefully read through these guidelines before commencing their submission process.
- All submissions must be sent in English. Each manuscript must be sent as a single document in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx). Please note that PDF files SHALL NOT be accepted for submission.
- Submissions in all disciplines may include results of empirical research, case studies, short reports, commentaries, correspondence, and all types of reviews.
- Any article containing gross grammatical or typographical errors SHALL NOT be reviewed.
- Each manuscript must include an abstract (of approximately 150-250 words) and keywords (of not less than five (5) words/phrases).
- All manuscripts, including tables, figures, other illustrations and references, must strictly adhere to the existing publication manual of the American Psychological Association [APA].
2. Manuscript format
Before submission, every effort should be made to conceal any clue as to the author’s identity from the main manuscript. Authors should anonymise their papers using the “Inspect Document” function to remove document properties and personal information before submitting them to the journal.
- The submitted article should include a cover page with the name of the author(s), the institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s), the contact email(s) of the authors and the date of submission.
- All submissions must be double (2.0) line spaced and should not be more than 40 double-spaced pages.
- Use the automatic page numbering function to number the pages.
- Do not use field functions.
- Use tab stops or other commands for indents, not the space bar.
- Use the equation editor or MathType for equations.
- Save your file in Docx format (Word 2007 or higher)
- All abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
- Based on JARE’s editorial policy on plagiarism, improper citations and all forms of dishonesty, when identified, shall result in the REJECTION of the manuscript.
- All submissions should be mailed to the Editor-In-Chief at:
- Use the Microsoft Office Word table function, not spreadsheets, to make tables.
General Outline of Manuscripts
All prospective authors must try to download recently published articles from our archives to serve as their guides. In general, manuscripts submitted to the JARE must have the following sections:
- Title of the manuscript
- Details of Investigators (Title, Name [First Name, Middle Name, SURNAME must be capitalised], Qualification[s], ORCID, Institution, Postal Address, Telephone, Email Address)
- Abstract [200-250 words]
- Materials and Methods
- Implications of the study
- List of abbreviations (if any)
- Ethics approval and consent to participate
- Consent for publication
- Availability of data and materials
- Conflict of interest statement
- Authors’ contributions
- Authors’ information (optional)
- References [in-text citations and final reference list must adhere to a Modified APA style. Please see our Archives for examples in our published papers].
- All authors submitting their manuscripts to the JARE confirm that the submitted works represent original contributions that have not been plagiarised in part or whole from other works.
- All authors own unrestricted copyrights and are responsible for any burden of proof in relation to their work.
- No portion of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a recovery system or transferred, in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission, in writing, from the respective author(s) or the publisher, Centre for Behaviour and Wellness Advocacy [formerly KAD International] or the Editor-in-Chief.